Please join us for the
ABTL 48th Annual Seminar
Back to Basics: Fundamentals of Trial Practice in a New Era
Rancho Bernardo Inn
San Diego, California
September 22 – 25, 2022
Rancho Bernardo Inn
17550 Bernardo Oaks Drive, San Diego, California 92128
Thursday, September 22, 2022
- 4:00 – 6:00pm – Board of Governors’ Meeting
- 4:30 – 6:00pm – Young Lawyers Division Mixer
- 6:00 – 9:00pm – Welcome Dinner Reception
Friday, September 23, 2022
- 7:00 – 8:30am – Buffet Breakfast
- 8:00 – 11:20am – General Session
- 11:45 – 1:15pm – Lunch Program
- 2:00 – 4:00pm – Tennis and Pickleball Tournaments
- 4:30 – 6:00pm – KCC Happy Hour
Saturday, September 24, 2022
- 7:30am – Golf Shotgun
- 1:00 – 4:20pm – General Session
- 4:30 – 5:15pm – Breakout Sessions with Judiciary
- 6:30 – 7:30pm – Keynote Speaker
- 7:30 – 10:00pm – Farewell Dinner
Sunday, September 25, 2022
- 8:00 – 9:30am – Buffet Breakfast
$1,095 — Attorney Registration and Retired Judiciary ($1,195 after 7/15/22 | $1,295 after 9/9/22)
$895— Attorney Registration ($995 after 7/15/22 | $1,095 after 9/9/22 )
- Young Lawyer (Admitted to practice 10 years or less)
- In-House Counsel
- Public Entity/Government Attorney
$595 — Judicial Registration
- Sitting State and Federal Judges
$595 — Guest Registration ($695 after 7/15/22 | $795 after 9/9/22)
- Includes meals, events, and entertainment
- Does not include seminar program or MCLE credit
$200 — Child Registration ($300 after 7/15/22 | $400 after 9/9/22)
- Price per child
- Ages 3 – 15 (children 16+ pay the guest registration rate)
8.5 Hours MCLE
What is Included for Attendees and Registered Guests?
- All Seminar Presentations – 8.5 Hours MCLE
(Presentations, the lunch program and MCLE credit are for full conference registrants only; Registered guests are permitted to attend all breakfasts and dinners.
- Welcome Dinner on Thursday, September 22nd
- Two (2) Buffet Breakfasts (Friday and Sunday)
- Lunch Program on Friday (only conference registrants; not registered guests)
- Farewell Dinner on Saturday, September 24th
- Registered children may attend all breakfasts and all dinners
All seminar sessions are casual. Shorts and golf shirts are welcome.
Receptions and dinners are Resort Casual (no jackets or ties).
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Seminar Registration Fees are refundable prior to Thursday, August 25, 2022, less a non-refundable processing fee of $175.00. Cancellations must be received in writing (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 714.602.2505), no later than 5:00pm on Thursday, August 25, 2022. No refunds will be processed after August 25th, although registrations are transferrable.
All accommodations are at the beautiful Rancho Bernardo Inn in San Diego, California. The ABTL has obtained a discounted rate of $299+tx/night with no Resort Fee and complimentary self-parking. Valet parking is available at a discounted rate of $25/car/day.
Hotel Reservations (at the ABTL rate) can only be made after registering for the conference and registrants are limited to one room each without prior authorization. Each ABTL member is responsible for booking and/or cancelling his/her own hotel. Hotel information (including a phone number and direct link for reservations) will be provided to you by email after registering for the conference. Please allow twenty-four (24) hours for the information. Space permitting, the hotel will only honor the discounted rates for reservations made on or before August 25, 2022.
Event Planner: Linda Sampson
8502 E. Chapman Avenue, Suite 443
Orange, CA 92869
Phone: 323.988.3428; Fax 714.602.2505